Thursday, July 5, 2007

State of the app

What a crazy week. I've barely used my computer at all - iPhone gets all the love these days. Need to find a river trip in the Willamette valley? Hey, let me grab my iPhone! Yeah, I know my notebook is right there - I'll do it on my iPhone anyway!

I've received lots and lots of feedback about OneTrip - thank you all. I'm spending most of my coding time now thinking about all the new things having an actual iPhone has taught me, but I'll soon be doing actual work on OneTrip. Here are the features you've requested the most:

- Sharing shopping lists between users
- Editing Saved Items
- Better categories

The last one is easy to implement, but hard to plan. I want to keep the lists short but all-encompassing. Maddening!

I'm also trying to keep OneTrip small and ad-hoc, in the sense that you don't need to register, log in, blah blah. Click it and use it is my goal. A lot of this account-management type of stuff would be easier if you had a login on the server, but I'm really trying to avoid that.

Keep the feedback coming, and keep making only one trip to the store!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

love the apps. Best available for the iphone so far if you ask me. Keep up the good work.

Josh said...

Great work Neven. By far the best looking apps for the iPhone I've seen.

Keep it up!

Ed H. said...

Excellent job, I love it already.

P.S. Willamette Valley? I'm just up in Portland, although I'm posting from my iPhone right now from a lake in the middle of nowhere (Forlorn Lakes, near Salmon Creek, Washington.)