Sunday, July 8, 2007

Email your shopping list, edit your Saved items

Two big OneTrip updates today:

- At the bottom of your shopping list you will find a handy-dandy email option. Not only can you email your OneTrip shopping list to another lucky iPhone owner, you can also send it as a plain ol' email to anyone else.

- You can now edit your Saved items, removing them individually instead of having to clear them all out.

These have been the two biggest feature requests, and I hope you make good use of them. A few notes:

- Emailed lists are stored on the OneTrip server for one week (if you don't email a list, it never leaves your iPhone so we won't see it). They are not encrypted or password-protected, since there is no registration or log in for OneTrip. Anyone who has the URL to your emailed shopping list (something like onetrip.org?l=y6rxpu) can view it; it's a random URL, so the chances of someone stumbling upon it are slim to none. Still, I suggest you don't store any sensitive information in lists you email. This is a simple, free service, so use it as such!

- Choosing to load an emailed list will currently also wipe out your existing list, including your saved items. I'm working on a list-merging feature, but I don't want to overcomplicate things. I hope you'll understand.

Thanks for all your feedback!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there were a login. This would allow me to enter items from my computer or iPhone.

bagofwisdomandfun said...

Neven, when I first visited your sight your apps had this bouncy feel to it. What happena and will it come back?

The Casserole said...

I'm still looking into JavaScript animations on iPhone. It may not be so bouncy.

macwise said...

Neven,

I'm confused by your comment that loading a list from email will wipe the existing list you have...that's exactly what I would like to do, but whether I email the list to my iPhone from my computer, or I enter the URL directly (with the same session/query string code) it still shows an empty list. So, now for my question:

Can I load a list on my iPhone from email or directly from the unique URL from my home computer? That would be ideal, so that my wife can add things at home while I shop abroad...

Thanks for the fun list keeper!