Wednesday, June 13, 2007

OneTrip

Today, OneTrip took about half a million hits in a matter of hours. This is not at all what I expected when I put it together.

You know how it is - when you start a project and plan it out so it can take a slashdotting, only your two friends and a cat use it. When you make something in two days for your own amusement, it explodes...

Thanks to the insanely helpful people at Ambitious Lemon, OneTrip is now hosted safely at:

OneTrip.org

Thanks for all your feedback. I'll post FAQs and updates on this blog in the coming days and weeks.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Neven,

Kudos for your nifty little app - it's been on my dashboard since 1.1.3. - shopping has never been so much fun! ;-)

There are a few suggestions though, and I hope you don't curse me to hell and back for making them.

First I think it'd be great if the shopping list would be sorted by categories in case I added items helter skelter from varios subcategories, especially typed in ones.
Then, it would be nice if items would be automatically unchecked once I hit "clear shopping list". It's axbit of an annoyance having to do it manually every time I start a new shopping list.
And then it would be great if you'd offer OneTrip in multiple languages. I am offering my help in case you decide to add German. ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

The Casserole said...

I absolutely agree with the sorting suggestion. The only reason it's not in now is that sorting works a little buggy in Safari.

Can you explain what you mean in your third paragraph? When you tap "clear shopping list", the list should be empty and nothing should be checked anymore.

Localization support and other features will be available soon. I'm waiting for the February release of Apple's SDK for iPhone before I make any serious changes.

Thanks!