Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New features

The forum at macrumors.com has generated lots of healthy discussion about OneTrip and web apps on iPhone. Between that and the users' feedback via email, I'm planning on adding some features in the next few days:

  • Typed items will also get saved, so you'll be able to select them from the list instead of typing them in. Done!

  • Each category will have its own "Type it in..." option, which will color and categorize that item with the rest of that category. For instance, if you type in "Watercress" in Vegetables, it will be green and sorted with other vegetables.

  • The "title" text (top-middle) takes you back to the OneTrip home screen from any page. Done!

  • I'll work on Safari 2 compatibility.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol I gotta hand it to you, man. I took one look at this and thought, '...geez...I could actually use this!'

well done.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Would be cooler if it ran in a standalone webkit package like PandoraBoy and Pyro.

Tx_Paesan said...

Nice work! I hope you get first to market kudos and riches!

The Casserole said...

rick - if it runs smoothly on iPhone on June 29, I'll be so happy I might just make it cross-browser compatible.

Ralph said...

I require 3 apps before justifying purchasing of an iphone: epocrates, a pregnancy wheel, and a shopping list. I have been using handyshopper on my palm for years. Thank you for creating one of my necessary apps. Once OneTrip gets updated to be able to add items within the category it will be superior. Good job!